Here we share some recipes that show different ways to use corn products in the classroom. These are good to use for math, measuring units, science investigations, and art projects. Enjoy them and learn about corn products and their many uses!
Edible Corn Flour Paint
- 2 cups of corn flour
- 1 cup of cold water
- 4.5 cups of boiling water
- Liquid food coloring
- Mix the corn flour and cold water together.
- Pour in the boiling water one cup at a time, stirring between each one. Keep stirring until it turns into a custardy consistency.
- Then separate the mixture into different jars/boxes before adding your colors.
- Refrigerate after using and it will keep for a few days.
Corn Starch Play Dough
(a great gluten-free option!)
- 2 Cups Baking Soda (1 box)
- 1 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- Add color to water.
- Combine baking soda and cornstarch in a pot, then add water to the powdered mixture.
- Cook on medium heat until the dough forms a ball. Cool and knead.
Click here for more fun ideas, including Corn-A-Goo, Corn Chips, Biodegradable Plastic and More!