Growing Corn Experiment
Think you need a big field to grow corn? Think again! With just a few common household items and some corn kernels, you can be on your way to growing corn in the classroom or at home. Just follow these simple instructions:
What you will need:
- Five to six corn kernels
- Paper towels
- One sandwich-size zipper-lock bag
- Black markers
- Wet a paper towel completely, and then wring out excess water.
- Put five to six corn kernels in the center of the paper towel. (Using this many kernels will increase the chances of sprouting.)
- Put the paper towel and the kernels in the zipper-lock bag so that the kernels can be seen. Close the bag and label it.
- Lay the bag in a place exposed to natural daylight or a grow lamp, where you can observe it.
- Check on the bag regularly, water the kernels and watch the corn grow. (When the corn grows too tall for the bag, unzip the top.)