2019 Summer Communications Internships
Illinois Corn Marketing Board (ICMB) will hire 2 Communications interns. The purpose of the Communications internship program is to provide an opportunity for a young person to work as a part of the ICMB staff during the summer of 2019. The interns will develop skills in working independently while creating supporting program elements given the goals of ICMB, while handling basic communications and social media applications within the office environment. The intern should expect to enhance their educational portfolio of communications projects with real-world experience at IL Corn.
The ICMB Intern:
- Must be an Illinois resident and full-time college student, enrolled for the Fall 2019 semester.
- Must exhibit strong communication and leadership skills.
- Must have a driver’s license, reliable transportation and be willing to travel to functions.
- Must submit a completed application.
- A good working knowledge of Illinois agriculture.
- Preference will be given to students entering their Junior year or higher.
- Evidence of skills in graphic design and video production
The ICMB Intern will work in the following areas:
- Public Relations, Marketing and Communications support.
- Conceptualization, writing, and production of short educational or satirical videos for YouTube on corn products and issues.
- Conceptualization and production of graphics and memes for use in IL Corn education materials or online social media applications.
- The Intern will work in the Bloomington, IL, office of the IL Corn Marketing Board, Monday – Friday, normal office hours.
- Must be available to start no later than (may start any Monday in May) May 28, 2019 and work through August 9, 2019 or longer if it suits the candidate’s class schedule.
- The Intern may work with all ICMB staff and leaders as needed and report to the Communications Director. The ICMB Communications Director will coordinate the interns’ schedule, projects and activities.
- Interns will be required to submit a summary report of activities, accomplishments, contacts made, experiences, and recommended future direction, upon completion of the internship.
- Interns will have the opportunity to interact with association professionals, educators, and a wide cross-section of Agricultural leaders.
- The Intern will be compensated with an hourly wage, tentatively planned for $15/hr
- The Intern will be allowed reimbursement of expenses (mileage, hotel, meals, etc.) related to all pre-approved ICMB activities.
- The Intern is encouraged to investigate and seek credit hours for the internship through his or her school and necessary requirements for that credit will be facilitated by IL Corn staff.
Candidates must submit the following no later than March 15, 2019.
- A completed application form.
- A current resume.
Further, candidates may be asked to:
- Participate in an interview.
Deadline for application – March 15, 2019
Hiring decision made by April 15, 2019.