Watch just a few minutes of this video featuring Chuck Myers from Nebraska by the U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance and you’ll nod your heads in agreement.
You are farming because it’s in your blood. Because you can’t imagine any other lifestyle. Because you want to carry on the legacy of your fathers, grandfathers, and great grandfathers. Because you love witnessing the work of God as a seed turns into a plant and bears its own fruit.
The U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance wants to talk with consumers to help us understand each other, including all these reasons that you get up every day, excited to farm. Farming hasn’t been the experience of 98 percent of our population just as city life hasn’t been the experience of the other 2 percent. We have a lot to learn as do they.
Checkout www.fooddialogues.com and you’ll find that conversations are already happening. Consumers are asking questions and farmers are answering. The videos that populate the site are giving non-farmers a virtual “first-hand experience” on the farm. And your check-off funds are helping make this happen.
The National Corn Growers Association is a Board Participant to the group along with many other national affiliates and industry partners. Your checkoff dollars used to fund National Corn Growers Association are flowing into organizations just like the U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance, bringing us one step closer to understanding our consumers and ending the misinformation about agriculture.
Would you like to help? Join the conservation at www.fooddialogues.com.
You won't want to miss this important feature on what's coming in the future of the American ethanol industry.Learn More
The 2018 ICGA annual report highlights a myriad of positive action on behalf of corn farmers in Illinois. Check it out and let us know what else we should be working on!Learn More
A recent analysis by the U.S. Grains Council (USGC) shows non-beverage ethanol has been the fastest growing U.S. agricultural export over the past decade by a significant margin.Learn More