Over 200,000 people visited the Farm Progress Show this week and a good chunk of them stopped by the IL Corn exhibit. In this daily “Corn Scoops” update, you’ll find a well-done news story about the activities of your Illinois Corn Marketing Board and Illinois Corn Growers Association at the show.
It was a busy three days in Progress City for IL Corn farmer-leaders and staff as they welcomed thousands of visitors to the exhibit.
Highlights of the effort included:
- An appearance by NASCAR driver Kenny Wallace to support ethanol
- Live-faxing to Congress, urging a “Farm Bill Now!” Over 1100 faxes were sent over the three days. Pictured is Dirk Rice encouraging a fellow farmer to write!
- ICGA President Paul Taylor joined a press conference urging Congressional approval of a Water Resources Development Act and the necessary funding associated with the plan.
- Roll-out of the “I Grow It, I Use It” campaign. More info at www.ilcorn.org/flexfuel
- Work of the American Lung Association of Illinois to promote the healthy-air benefits of clean burning ethanol.
- The American Ethanol mobile biofuels unit offered updates on ethanol.
Here’s the link to the ABC Channel 20 news story about what your association and corn checkoff dollars are doing!
You won't want to miss this important feature on what's coming in the future of the American ethanol industry.Learn More
The 2018 ICGA annual report highlights a myriad of positive action on behalf of corn farmers in Illinois. Check it out and let us know what else we should be working on!Learn More
A recent analysis by the U.S. Grains Council (USGC) shows non-beverage ethanol has been the fastest growing U.S. agricultural export over the past decade by a significant margin.Learn More