Over 200,000 people visited the Farm Progress Show this week and a good chunk of them stopped by the IL Corn exhibit. In this daily “Corn Scoops” update, you’ll find a well-done news story about the activities of your Illinois Corn Marketing Board and Illinois Corn Growers Association at the show.
It was a busy three days in Progress City for IL Corn farmer-leaders and staff as they welcomed thousands of visitors to the exhibit.
Highlights of the effort included:
- An appearance by NASCAR driver Kenny Wallace to support ethanol
- Live-faxing to Congress, urging a “Farm Bill Now!” Over 1100 faxes were sent over the three days. Pictured is Dirk Rice encouraging a fellow farmer to write!
- ICGA President Paul Taylor joined a press conference urging Congressional approval of a Water Resources Development Act and the necessary funding associated with the plan.
- Roll-out of the “I Grow It, I Use It” campaign. More info at www.ilcorn.org/flexfuel
- Work of the American Lung Association of Illinois to promote the healthy-air benefits of clean burning ethanol.
- The American Ethanol mobile biofuels unit offered updates on ethanol.
Here’s the link to the ABC Channel 20 news story about what your association and corn checkoff dollars are doing!
You won't want to miss this important feature on what's coming in the future of the American ethanol industry.Learn More
Illinois corn farmers were featured during February 2's Big Game, helping all of Illinois understand just how important corn is to Illinois and its economy.Learn More
Did you know that anything using a petroleum-based plastic could be replaced with a renewable bio-based plastic?Learn More