The Illinois Corn Growers Association and Illinois Corn Marketing Board completed another successful Farm Progress Show yesterday, August 29, 2019.
Among the opportunities for members and Illinois farmer checkoff contributors at the show were:
- members could enjoy a free sandwich via a coupon sent earlier in the month
- all farmers were invited to test water samples to discover nutrient loss rates
- members received a RTIC thermos via a coupon provided them in the mail
- anyone in our tent was invited to join our call to action system, to be a part of the solution for Illinois farmers
- National Corn Growers Association showcased their work on building new uses
- all farmers connected with their partner membership associations, Illinois Pork Producers Association and Illinois Beef Association
- many farmer leaders and staff touch base with local media and ag media, to help others understand why ag is important and what issues matter most right now
- everyone met our very valuable partners! Among those: USDA ARS, DuPont, Illinois Association of Drainage Districts, Soil Health Partnership, National Corn to Ethanol Research Center, and American Lung Association!
Our IL Corn farmer leaders were also pleased to visit with many children about corn, corn products, and how corn farmers used to grow corn. The farmers also welcomed the opportunity to connect with several elected officials over the three days.
All in all, the event was a tremendous success and we are looking forward to 2021!
You won't want to miss this important feature on what's coming in the future of the American ethanol industry.Learn More
The 2018 ICGA annual report highlights a myriad of positive action on behalf of corn farmers in Illinois. Check it out and let us know what else we should be working on!Learn More
A recent analysis by the U.S. Grains Council (USGC) shows non-beverage ethanol has been the fastest growing U.S. agricultural export over the past decade by a significant margin.Learn More