If you haven’t checked into it already, you’ll want to visit the FarmDoc website and run the calculator to find out how much the yield trend-adjusted option might save you on your crop insurance premiums. The Illinois Corn Marketing Board invested your corn checkoff dollars to sponsor the necessary research that prompted the USDA’s Risk Management Agency to put this premium-savings program in place.
Visit the 2012 Crop Insurance Decision Tool to find out if you can save money on your premiums. The yield trend-adjusted option:
• Election to adjust yields in APH database
• Better calibrate APH to yield
• Improve accuracy of coverage elections
• Encourage better data practices
• Applies to Corn and Soybean APH policies (except organic, silage, transitional)