#USMCANOW TRENDING LAST WEEK ON USMCA DAY OF ACTION
On November 13, the Illinois Corn Growers Association and many, many partners around the country participated in a day of action to elevate the need to pass the U.S. Mexico Canada Agreement (USMCA) for trade.
The agreement is completed and awaits ratification from the U.S. House and Senate before it can replace the current trade agreement with Canada and Mexico, the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) which began January 1, 1994.
The day’s activities resulted in nearly 16,000 tweets from more than 9,000 users resulting in a potential audience reach of over 400 million.
In comparison to the last social media day in September, number of tweets and number of participants both increased.
- 28% Increase in Overall Tweet Volume, From 12.4K total tweets to 15.9K total tweets
- 29% Increase in Participants, From 7K users to 9K users
Outside of advocacy groups like ICGA, many other key influencers got in on this USMCA day of action, including members of the Trump administration, members of congress, and even state elected officials.
- TRUMP ADMINISTRATION: 86 Tweets from 27 Unique Accounts
- MEMBERS OF CONGRESS: 183 Tweets from 68 Unique Accounts
- STATE OFFICIALS: 100 Tweets from 51 Unique Accounts
- ADVOCACY GROUPS: 597 Tweets from 105 Unique Accounts
If you’d like to get in on the action, share any one of these messages to your own social account, using the hashtag #USMCAnow and sharing your personal experience with trade and the need for trade markets for your farm.