WATERWAYS BUILD AMERICA
Want to get in on the fun helping to bring attention to how important our river systems are to you and your family? Get out your camera and submit a photo for the Waterways Build America photo contest!
In 2018, the contest focuses on “American’s View of the River.” River Works Discovery, The Waterways Journal, and the Waterways Council Inc want to see what you see – especially as it relates to commerce, culture, conservation, and careers. They want to see your river and how it makes a difference to your family.
This would include photos of wildlife, conservation/cleanup efforts, historical sites along the river (including steamships, paddle wheels, etc…), music, storytelling, rivermen performing daily tasks, workboats, and any creative ideas that promote the inland maritime industry from all aspects. From atop a combine, grain elevator, or one of the many facilities that move products on our rivers, we want your perspective.
- Snap a photo
- Apply one of the four “C’s” hashtag categories listed below that relate to your photo. One hashtag category per photo, please. Share your photo to RiverWorks Discovery facebook.com/riveroutreach or message the RWD facebook page with the following information in the body of the message:
- Hashtag – e.g.; #waterwaysbuildamerica_careers
- Your name and the name of the towboat, building, or scene from your photo
- Location – where was your photo taken
- Prizes – There will be prizes for first place from each category.
- Prizes will include a one-year subscription to The Waterways Journal (WJ), one-year membership to National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium and other accredited AZA institutions across the country, and photo recognition at the Waterways Council Inc., (WCI) Conference.
- Winners will also be announced on WCI, WJ, and RWD social media.
- A copy of “A River of Memories with Captain Charlie Jones”, a living legend on the rivers of America!
Given the most recent soil temperatures from the Illinois State Water Survey and the outlook for ongoing colder weather.Learn More
EPA has extended the registration for dicamba but you should know these two key points .Learn More
Congress must also meet certain dates and actions to be enacted.Learn More