AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE FROM NCGA AND BASF, DEADLINE DECEMBER 1
The National Corn Growers Association and BASF Corporation will award five $1,000 scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing a degree in any field.
Scholarship recipients will be selected in early 2019. Recipients and a parent or guardian will enjoy travel and lodging to attend the 2019 Commodity Classic in Orlando, Florida to be recognized at the NCGA Banquet and have the opportunity to learn more about modern agriculture.
- Applicant must be entering at least his/her second undergraduate year at an accredited junior college, college or university.
- Applicant must be an NCGA member or son/daughter of an NCGA member.
- Employees and the families of employees of NCGA or any division of BASF or their subsidiaries are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Applications must be submitted by December 1, 2018.
- Scholarships are for one year. Previous recipients may not apply.
Your Application Packet MUST Include
- Completed application
- Current transcript from junior college, college or university
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (at least two must be from non-family members, and one should be from a faculty member)
- Current resume or list of activities, awards and honors
- 500-word essay, limited to 1-page, on "How will YOU positively impact agriculture in your future career?"
- A few paragraphs on “What are the three most important issues facing agriculture today?”
Given the most recent soil temperatures from the Illinois State Water Survey and the outlook for ongoing colder weather.Learn More
EPA has extended the registration for dicamba but you should know these two key points .Learn More
Congress must also meet certain dates and actions to be enacted.Learn More