CHECKOFF DOLLARS AND USMEF ADDING VALUE TO U.S. CORN
The Illinois Corn Marketing Board is a proud funder of the U.S. Meat Export Federation – because corn farmers understand the value of their livestock farmer peers and the need to move meat products overseas, adding value to each animal.
In a recent presentation to the ICMB, the U.S. Meat Export Federation shared the following details, telling an amazing story of the value of red meat exports to corn, beef, and pork farmers in Illinois*:
- In 2018, each $1.00 of checkoff invested internationally was leveraged with an additional $9.30 from private and public funds.
- A $1 checkoff investment returned $21.00 in U.S. beef sales
- In 2018, pork and beef exports equaled 459.7 million bushels of corn and $1.62 billion.
- In 2018, red meat exports also equaled 2 million tons of DDGS.
- Total impact of pork and beef exports to corn farmers is $1.9 million, combined corn and DDGS value.
- The value of red meat exports of corn and DDGS combined from 2018-2027 will be approximately $22.2 billion.
The U.S. Meat Export Federation adds this value to our livestock and corn farmers but building relationships overseas in their offices in 18 other countries and working to build demand for products the U.S. has to offer.
Perhaps one of the most interesting stories is when we can build demand for a cut of meat that American customers will not eat, that would otherwise be thrown away like U.S. Pork Brisket Bones in Colombia!
Learn more about this exciting partnership and how your checkoff dollars are working for you at www.usmef.org.
*based on a USMEF study conducted by World Perspectives
The 2nd annual program will benefit high school agriculture classes across Illinois.Learn More
The yield contest is now in its 54th year and remains NCGA’s most popular member program.Learn More
Weinzierl was recognized for 30 years of service during the 58th Annual Membership Meeting.Learn More