20 Movies You May Not Know Have Illinois Corn in Them
Print This Article
- Field of Dreams (1989) - The entire film revolves around an Iowa cornfield, but some scenes were shot in Illinois corn fields as well in DuPage and Will County.
- Children of the Corn (1984) - Set in Nebraska, but some scenes were filmed in Illinois corn fields to capture the eerie atmosphere. Filmed in Mendota, LaSalle County, featuring various corn fields scenes.
- Signs (2002) - The crop circles, a central element of the film, appear in corn fields, including those filmed in Illinois. Some corn field scenes were filmed in DeKalb County and Stephenson County.
- In the Bedroom (2001) - There are a few scenes that take place in and around corn fields, capturing the rural setting.
- Road to Perdition (2002) - The protagonist's journey takes him through Illinois corn fields (Geneva, Kane County), adding to the film's atmospheric visuals.
- Man of Steel (2013) - Several scenes in the Kent family farm feature corn fields, portraying Superman's upbringing in Smallville, Kansas (Plano, Kendall County).
- A Thousand Acres (1997) - The film is set in Iowa but features scenes filmed in Illinois corn fields (McHenry County), showcasing the agricultural landscape.
- A History of Violence (2005) - A few scenes take place in a corn field (Downers Grove, DuPage County), adding a sense of tension and danger to the story.
- The Amityville Horror (2005) - The iconic house is surrounded by corn fields (Woodstock, McHenry County), creating a sense of isolation and dread.
- Superman (1978) - A young Clark Kent runs through a Kansas cornfield (Kankakee, Kankakee County), portraying his superhuman abilities as he leaps over the tall stalks.
- The Informant! (2009) - There is a scene where the main character is running through a corn field (Decatur, Macon County), adding to the film's quirky tone.
- Candyman (1992) - The titular character, known for his haunting presence, is often associated with eerie corn fields (some scenes in Chicago and Cook County).
- The Hunter (1980) - Several scenes were filmed in Illinois corn fields (Will County), capturing the beauty and vastness of the rural landscape.
- Porky's (1981) - There is a memorable scene involving a hidden peephole in a girls' locker room, located near a corn field (Hinsdale, DuPage County).
- The Burning Plain (2008) - The corn fields serve as a backdrop for some emotional and intense scenes in this drama. Filmed in Sandwich, DeKalb County, featuring scenes in and around corn fields.
- Just Visiting (2001) - The characters find themselves transported back in time to a medieval era, and a corn field is part of the setting (various locations in Cook County).
- Proof (2005) - A scene features the main characters having a conversation while standing in a corn field (Chicago and Cook County), emphasizing the rural setting.
- The Promotion (2008) - The corn fields are shown in the background, symbolizing the Midwestern setting of the film (Chicago and Cook County).
- Dillinger (1973) - There is a memorable scene where the notorious bank robber is ambushed by the FBI in a corn field (Chicago and Cook County).
- The Fugitive (1993) - A pivotal scene involves a confrontation between the fugitive and the law enforcement officers in a corn field (Wilmington, Will County).