IL Corn Growers Association Announces New Scholarship Program
IL Corn Growers Association (ICGA) is excited to announce a new scholarship program for students choosing to pursue a degree in the agriculture field. The submission period for the scholarship period is now open and the application deadline is January 31, 2023, by 11:59 p.m. CST.
“ICGA is proud to support new and growing interest in ag careers in Illinois,” says Marty Marr, ICGA President and farmer. “We want to make sure that financial barriers aren’t the reason someone doesn’t choose ag and while this can’t pay for their entire education, we hope it helps.”
One of the requirements of the scholarship winner(s) is to attend an IL Corn leadership meeting. “We believe this is an important part of the scholarship because it will help the recipient to make connections with established ag leaders and further develop their leadership skills,” says Marr.
Here are more details on the scholarships:
- Applicant must be a high school senior or a post-secondary student.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in an agriculture field.
- The application must be submitted by January 31, 2023, by 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Scholarship winner must attend at least one IL Corn leadership meeting or event within a year of receiving scholarship.
Below are the specific requirements for the Illinois Corn Growers Association Scholarship that are a part of the online application process by clicking the green button below:
- A completed online application.
- At least one letter of recommendation from non-family member(s).
- Current resume.
- A completed Essay Question
- “What are the three most important issues facing agriculture today? How would you address them?” (500 words)