IL Corn Scholarships Open
IL Corn Growers Association (ICGA) is excited to announce the 2nd annual scholarship program for students choosing to pursue a degree in the agriculture field. The submission period for the scholarship period is now open and the application deadline is January 31, 2024, by 11:59 p.m. CST.
"We are thrilled to extend our commitment to nurturing the next generation," expressed Matt Rush, President of ICGA and farmer. "Our goal is to ensure that economic constraints do not hinder anyone from pursuing a career in agriculture. Although this support may not cover their entire educational expenses, we are enthusiastic about the assistance it can provide."
Here are more details on the scholarships:
- Applicant must be a high school senior or a post-secondary student.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in an agriculture field.
- The application must be submitted by January 31, 2024, by 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Scholarship winner must attend at least one IL Corn leadership meeting or event within a year of receiving scholarship.
- Applicant must have an active ICGA membership*
Below are the specific requirements for the IL Corn Growers Association Scholarship that are a part of the online application process by clicking the green button below:
- A completed online application.
- At least one letter of recommendation from non-family member(s).
- Current resume.
- A completed Essay Question
- “What are the three most important issues facing agriculture today? How would you address them?” (500 words)
*Parent, sponsor or own membership. A sponsor can be a farmer or ag industry sponsor. Must provide their member number in application process.